Elle Perez + Paolo Morales

Friday, September 26, 2008

NEW WORK FROM ART SCHOOL!

HI! So so so sorry that I haven't been updating our blog... I print constantly and have had no time to scan. But this morning I did!

Below are the images I shot over the weekend. The black & whites are from NYC and the color are from Boston the morning before I left to New York. I'm working on shooting without the crutch of the strobe light.
*********

The Bathroom at Home


My Bed at Home


My Living Room


In My Bedroom at Home


My Mess in my Dorm


In My Dorm Room
*********

These are portraits I've been shooting. Natalie and I aren't friends but I just asked to take her picture. I saw this dorm and I thought of the girl-next-door. So I asked Natalie to pose in that picture. The self-portraits are with some of my friends that I have here. I'm not a big fan of those images. They're more spontaneous and I was more comfortable than I was with Franny though.

**********


Natalie


Liz

Zoe

*****
My critique class called these images "girl-friend work," and that when I ask to photograph someone, it means I want to know them, making every one of my portraits a self-portrait, even if I'm not in them. I'm not sure I agree with that. Yes, the people I photograph I want to know. But I don't know if that makes it a self-portrait. It feels very cliche to say "I photograph people because I want to know them" or to say "every one of my photographs are self-portraits." I don't know, it just doesn't sound right to me.

No comments:

Blog Archive